Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My design life: Baimu | Blog | Computer Arts magazine

Baimu is a graphic designer and illustrator from in Barcelona. When he got in touch to share some of his new, self-initiated work ??brilliant fusions of typography and illustration ??we had to get in touch with him to find out more ...

Computer Arts [CA]: Tell us a little bit about the background to these projects and how you put them together.

Baimu [B]: "These projects reflect a need to express myself as an illustrator and graphic designer ??motivation to keep my skills sharp for any challenges that comes my way. The programs I use are primarily Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, with an iMac 21, and my trusty?tablet, the Wacom Intuos5.

CA: What's the creative process like for you??

B:?My creative process is simple: an idea comes into my head, I draw it in my notebook ??I always carry one in my pocket; it's a habit. I try to be attentive to stimuli around me, because ideas always come when and where you least expect it.

CA: How did you get into design?

B: I've always had artistic interests, ever since I was a child. I loved to draw but I tried everything: clay, origami, grafitti, calligraphy ... Until I discovered graphic design and found I could channel everything into it. I also studied graphic design in Barcelona.

CA: Who or what inspires you?

B: I love lettering and illustration ??I think it all comes from my love of grafitti and calligraphy. I admire and respect?designers like Erik Spiekermann, Alex Trochut, Hugo & Marie, Jessica Hische, Dana Tanamachi, Vasava Artworks ... ?I find inspiration everywhere ??you never know where the ideas come from, so you always have to have your pencil sharpened.

CA: ?What's the difference between good design and great design?

B: I think the difference between a good design and a great design is dependent on the person looking at it: we can not always connect with everyone; everyone has their own opinion, and you have to respect that. I think the important thing is to be passionate and hard-working, and this will be reflected in your?projects.?

Check out more of?Baimu's work on his Behance. And why not give him a follow on Twitter, while you're at it.?

Source: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/blog/my-design-life-baimu-133636

oscars ABC Family paulina gretzky paulina gretzky social security social security bethenny frankel

No comments:

Post a Comment